SurePassID Authentication Server/Cloud Service Now Supports FIDO2
FIDO2 support is now available with SurePassID Server and Cloud Service 2019 and is available for early release. As the new FIDO standard continues to grow in popularity, companies and government agencies needing to modernize their IT security architecture are opting to deploy FIDO authentication technology. SurePassID gives you all the tools and functionality to fully leverage the new fast and convenient FIDO standard, as well as, support the old OATH One-Time Passcode (OTP) technology. This enables companies and agencies of all sizes to support both OATH and FIDO standards while giving their employees and customers a much wider choice of tokens to suit every use case imaginable.
The SurePassID 2019 Server and Cloud Service supports FIDO2 with the following:
- Support for FIDO2 standard – download specifications from here.
- Complete interoperability with U2F and FIDO2 tokens from SurePassID and 3rd party authenticators.
- Replace insecure passwords with convenient tokens with bio-metrics such as a fingerprint into your mobile apps.
- Extends the strong authentication methods already available in SurePassID MFA server such as One Time Passwords (OTP), SurePassID mobile authenticator apps, and IVR authentication.
FIDO2 Support Available on these Platforms:
- On-premises Windows Server 2016/2019
- On-premises Linux
- Amazon Gov Cloud
- Amazon Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
Software Development Kit includes:
- Sample Code
- FIDO2 Certification testing app for Fido2 hardware manufacturers
- Includes Postman collection for easy prototyping, trouble-shooting, and regression testing
- Swagger support for application code generation
- Simple to use REST API endpoints
- User account tokenization for username privacy and protection
Dedicated FIDO2 Technical Support
Need help building your app? We offer Professional Services to help you get started or we can build the app for you.
Get FIDO! Eliminate passwords!
The FIDO standard, which stands for Fast IDentity Online, was developed by the FIDO Alliance in late 2012 specifically designed to make strong authentication fast and convenient for both employees and more importantly, mass-market consumers. The FIDO2 upgrade supports bio-metrically triggered FIDO tokens which eliminate the need for a password. FIDO2 tokens are now available from a variety of vendors and we carry a new 3-in-1 FIDO/OATH USB keyfob, Treo Pro, found on our Security Tokens page.